Health Care Assistant Vacancy
Health Care Assistant
We are a GP Practice located in March, Cambridgeshire and are looking to recruit an experienced Health Care Assistant to work within our busy Nursing department assisting with looking after our 8000 + patients.
We work within a large, modern and purpose built building which has free parking.
Contract Length: 12 – 14 months
To assist our Doctors, ANP and Nursing team caring for our Practice Patients which includes treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education. The post will include
- Carry out ECG’s
- Taking, monitoring and recording of ABPMs
- Chronic disease reviews and appropriate health promotion
- Carry health checks
- Contribute to clinical audit.
- Treatment room duties such as wound care.
- Act as a chaperone for colleagues and practitioners as needed.
- Ordering and maintaining stock for clinical department
- Disposal of waste including clinical
- Organising Clinical rooms to ensure correct level of stock is available
- Carrying out urinalysis
You will need to have
- Excellent communication skills
- Compassion and empathy for others
- Have a passion to provide excellent patient care
- You will have the ability to work effectively within a team
- Have excellent IT and keyboard skills
- Possess good literacy and mathematics skills (GCSE or equivalent minimum grade c )
- Have eagerness and willingness to develop your skills with training
- Flexibility to work extra / alternative hours to cover holiday and sickness is essential
- Previous/current experience working as a HCA in General Practice is highly desirable
Salary: dependant on experience
Hours: 25 per week over 5 days (Monday to Friday) actual working hours to be confirmed. The Practice is open between 8am and 6pm so will be between these hours.
Application Process: Download and complete the application form using this link: Application form 12.07.19.doc
Completed application forms can be emailed to Riversiderecruitment@nhs.net or posted to: The Riverside Practice, 23 Marylebone Road, March, PE15 8BG, for the attention of Tracy Robertson-Glenn
For your application to be considered please complete the application form answering all questions with as much information as possible. A CV can be submitted to support your application. Please note that applications will not be processed unless our application form is completed in full, notes saying please see CV will not be considered.
Closing date: Please be advised that we are looking to recruit someone quickly for this position therefore will not advertising a closing date. We recommend that if you are interested in this position and possess the skills required you complete the application forms and return without delay.